Sunday, May 11, 2008

My eternal ellipsis

Everyday my life starts making more sense
like a polaroid picture that's slowly taking shape, revealing itself
it's still somehow blurry and vague
but I'm waiting
watching
lines in the picture are slowly connecting creating a silhouette of a mysterious figure
the dark figure will brighten up, different colors will appear
it will get clearer and clearer
what will happen when the whole picture pops put of the darkness?
when it's fully constructed?
does anyone ever reach that stage?
it doesn't matter anyway because I'm still waiting and the lines are still barely traceable, their just beginning to appear
and I'm waiting

sometimes I feel that most of my life I've been waiting
for what exactly, I don't know
There's always something beyond, something out there that will be reached
this eternal ellipsis that has become my life is beyond the past present and future, it's a time stuck in between that has no charachterstics or form

the seasons change
the clock ticks endlessly
night and day shift
children get born,
their first teeth start falling off
they grow up
puberty, their hormones change
they develop more
stretch marks, wrinkles
a slow decaying process

and I'm still waiting
waiting
but nothing happens
there's nothing to wait for
because this is it
this is life
but I still wait
watch and listen
as time trails off
slowly
and I watch it as it evaporates
and I still wait
in my eternal ellipsis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow ...
i couldn't describe them as anything but ellipses my self ... endless...
you wait and u start feeling too stagnant ... then u move and feel like u're going nowhere ... and when u least have it on your mind u find it coming right to you ... just to run away again once your thoughts are turned back into its direction ...

good luck figuring life out ... and help me out if you do :)

silent observer said...

you're the only one capable of doing that, but it will come don't worry... it always does... eventually

Anonymous said...

i do hope that's true ... for the both of us :)

insomniac said...

i like this post a lot...

couldn't have said it better... i hate the waiting... i am always distracting myself doing things that might cause the image to take more time before it gets clear... whatever it takes so that i won't sit and wait!

i think it's partially why i am upset these days, i am sitting still, watching and waiting! i suck at it