Monday, March 31, 2008

Life is not supposed to be happy
I know that,
everything comes to an end eventually
I know that also,
I know that happy moments exist so we can remember them again and again....
to make us get through the sad times
sometimes you just don't accept that something ended and instead of retaining that perfect ending, the one that will always leave you with feelings of fondness and love, you just mess it up and it ceases to be that perfect little place in your memory
I think I've learned where to draw that line, or I'm in the process of learning it...
but it doesn't stop me from wondering...
what if?


I remember, a supposedly last day with a certain ex of mine...
I remember getting out of his car and telling him. "It's not the end I just feel it inside."
and it wasn't... I'm known for having these gut feelings that turn out right most of the time
and I'm glad that this day wasn't the end of us, what I regret however, is the way I acted or even the way he did after it was actually over.... it just blew all the magic
but still... maybe it was supposed to be that way, maybe I was meant to snap out of my illusion...
maybe...
I know that by looking back and seeing how abusive this relationship was (emotionally abusive) and how much it fucked me up I just moved on, so yeah it helped but it's just not the same for me anymore... I don't think I can ever hate him... but he will never be that person he used to be to me....
I just wish we could stop being attached to a person yet stay fond forever....
is it possible?

My baby cousin came over yesterday, I was reading her this children's story from a book that I had since I was a child....
There's a certain page with a certain picture, that just brought me back in time
It's weird how much capacity our memories have
and it's even weirder how I related to that story... it was my favourite one back then...
My baby cousin is very very smart, actually, she amazes me sometimes...
but she's so frail and small, sometimes I feel that she's gonna break...

I wonder, about the human body, and what it's capable of....
is it that frail walking organ? or is it stronger than it appears?
Take my sister for example, she's a half anorexic half bulimic, coffee addict, who smokes...
she's not a heavy smoker... and I thank god for that... but still... how she survives until today is beyond me.... actually a few years ago she had this thing a "cyst" I'm not even sure it's spelled that way... anyway she had this thing in her ovaries and she had this operation ... and its cause was under nutrition.

but she's still there... and oddly enough,... she's still healthy

but then I look at myself... and see how taking a shot once a week did ALL that to me....
this week was awful... but I don't wana start ranting and whinig about it...

I also wonder if modern medicine has any use to mankind...
I don't want to sound evil but sometimes, when I look at my baby cousin, and remember how she only had a 90% chance of surviving when she got born... and how modern medicine made her survive.... and think of how she might never be as healthy as other kids, I just feel that maybe it would've been better if she hadn't survived.... for her sake..
she has ashthma,... but something inside me tells me it's way beyond that and it makes me very sad....
I feel that the normal course of life goes as it should... people live and people die....
but then we try to fight it by making people suffer all their lives in order to survive...
by all this I'm not referring to my case, actually, I should thank modern medicine
I consider myself pretty lucky... in a month it will all stop and I will be a healthy girl again... this actually calls for a celebration :)

I was thinking about this conversation while writing this post...

Celine: The past is the past. It was meant to be that way.
Jesse: What, you really believe that? That everything's fated?
Celine: Well, you know, the world might be less free than we think.
Jesse: Yeah?
Celine: Yeah, when given these exact circumstances, that's what will happen every time: two part hydrogen, one part oxygen, you get water every time.
Jesse: No, no, I - I - I mean what if your grandmother had lived a week longer, or, you know, or passed away a week earlier, days even. You know things might have been different. I believe that.
Celine: You can't think like that, it's...
Jesse: No, I mean, I know you shouldn't on most things, but - It's just, on this one it seemed like something was off, you know?

water... every single time....
what if it was still water alright but contaminated water?
I think human emtions are more complex than that...
maybe...
I just hope that even if life changes....
this thing in my head would always stay the same

3 comments:

Daysleeper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daysleeper said...

yes, yes you can be fond of someone you once loved and not be attached :)

and the only thing that allows that to happen is time. just time. and a lot of it.

it's funny i should read this post today because i just sent an e-mail to my ex expressing exactly that

and as for fate,
this is just my take on it--

we have a lot more choice in matters than we like to believe we do -- but at the same time i think things happen how they happen when they happen for a reason

i mean even if it was a HORRIBLY inconvenient fucked up situation for you-- who knows maybe your actions affected a girl in china somewhere and significantly changed her life

i do believe that we all touch each other somehow

i also believe there's no point in 'what if' because there are MILLIONS of them and spending energy thinking of those situations means not focusing on yours

why this situation?

what is it about your life now that's meaningful to you

those questions are much more appealing to me

we're very fragile-- you're right. but we have so much power-- we've destroyed cities and cured plagues and i know those things seem so far away but i promise you even you had a part in it

the little things you do aren't little at all

i'm sure you can think of a moment where someone did something for you that seemed meaningless to them and meant so much to you-- well you do that everyday to hundreds of other people-- i mean especially the fact that you have a blog-- now thats outreach right there

did you know your comment about my friend's 'i'm so an artist' painting really brightened up her day-- and really gave her confidence as an artist? the whole reason she put it up there is because she was so upset by the way her professors were treating her, she felt crushed. just by posting that little comment you gave her something she'll always remember

i think you're supposed to be exactly where you are how you are--a very beautiful thoughtful and observant girl floating in cyberspace and living in egypt

and every moment of your life, just as it is, will always be a very important part of humanity...as cheesy as that sounds :)

life isn't supposed to be happy?
well maybe..usually..life isn't happy ALL the time-- that'd be very unusual

but that doesnt mean you aren't allowed to be happy most of the time-- or to want it

i like this post :)

silent observer said...

life is not supposed to be always happy that's what I meant, I didn't mean there's no happiness at all
I'm not always this sad... only in my blogs hehe

I know that there's no use in what ifs... and I know that when things end you should remember them and smile and let go... and actually I wasn't thinking 'what if it was different in the past', I was wondering if there's more to it... if there's a sequel or whatever... because it was short but very intense so you ask yourslf... 'is that it?' ... but then you tell yourself that no matter what you're glad you could have such a warm cozy hug for some time... and now you just need to smile and accept it's over...
I'm rambling here

I'm so glad I cheered up your friend :)
wanna cheer her up more?
there was this other painting by her, I think, and a friend of mine looked at it and said it was beautiful... It was the mermaid one..

and something else, talking about cheering up...
I really like your comments... there was this one comment on my other blog 'samurai girl' that made me feel better when I needed it.. it was a post about my fears and stuff