Sunday, January 25, 2009

In Egypt your life is never yours is it?
When you're still living at you're parents house, they expect you to be the person they want you to be since they're your parents, and pay for you and all that.

You grow up and suddenly you have obligations, and you never quite act like you would like to.

and then there's this inspective society; where people shake their in disapproval over every person's 'wrong' behaviour

When the two girls were murdered, the media did nothing but comment on the girls' morality and behaviour, two girls got MURDERED and that's the only thing you can think of!!!
Who cares what they did in their lives, they were murdered!

My sister always tells me to suck it up, since I have nowhere out.
but why should I, this my life and only mine!!

why is it, that people here are not 'just the person himself', why is always looked upon that the person is his family.

A friend told me, that it's somewhat true, since the family does affect your behaviour, and it does matter where you come from.

I asked her, do you seriously think that I'm like anyone in my family? She then told me I'm an exception.

Another friend once told me that my family reminds her of 'The Titanic' families, I laughed to tears, she was right though

I hate the fact that parents expect their children to have the same point of views, well not all of them, of course, at least mine are like that

I hate it, when they never listen to my opinions

and then they ask me why I always think I'm right

what they can't understand that I never said I was right

I merely said it was my OPINION

oh screw it! Why am I writing this anyway?
nothing will ever change

4 comments:

artisto said...

whats meant by "titanic families"?

silent observer said...

LOL

it means, uptight, conservative (not in a religious way, more in an appearance or social way, they're somewhat religious, but only when it comes to basic things, none of the women in my family are veiled for instance, but they still follow religion's rules and that's only an example)and also, still living in the time when there were aristocrats, and actually still believing all that shit
anyway, it's hard to describe, and dit applies to the larger scale of family not the immediate one

it was funny when she said it, but you have to see them yourself to know what she was talking about

artisto said...

:) i think i get it.. i had a few clients like that..in fact, most of them were "titanic families" !

its a good expression though. i think I'll start labelling my clients from now on :D

Mohammad said...

Who said nothing will ever change? You'll grow up, you can seprate yourself from the family, and if one day you started a family you'll start it on your own rules. Everything will change for you. Who would care about society then?

I really look with respect and wonder on those who know these facts, these apparntly obvious facts. I think I might even start having some self-respect because I do know them! and guess what? I consider myself a coward, but I think I can be brave enough to separate myself from my titanic family and live my lie as I want to. It's only time, nothing more.