Friday, December 12, 2008

it's that age now *puke*

it's so scary that I'm turning 21 in a few months
my father told me yesterday that their friend tant I don't know who... well. actually I do know her... anyway, she has a Arees for me. I told my dad, no thanks. I told him, I can't believe you're actually asking me that. and that's how he replied "so what are you going to do with your life" or something... and the thing is he's not like that at alll I don't even know how he could utter something like that. "I'm going to live and Japan and study film that's what I'm going to do," I answered. But seriously? the same woman told my mom she has someone for me last year. What the hell. but last time I actually told my mom that I want to meet him because I wanted to experience meeting that person who's a potential spouse type of thing heheh. I knew I was going to turn it down anyway but I wanted to know how it would be like. But my sister told my mother about my hidden intentions "shofty bentek el motakhalefa 3ayza te3mel eih?" type of thing. Of course my mon wouldn't let me even though I convinced her that I actually do have the option to say no I'm not interested! so it's ok and stuff. But she kept telling me how "awlad el nas mesh le3ba" and stuff... blablabla
I'm entering that age, of the grandmothers' nagging, the parents' friends interfering and the 'sympathy' look if I don't get married within the next 5 years. It's disgusting and it's only gonna get worsr from here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:\
join the club!
I HATTTEEE this!
hehehe... good luck ;)

Zee Puppette said...

exactly!
Welcome aboard =D

monamahfouz said...

So basically your first comment on my blog.. leads me to your blog.. only to find out that your latest post.. is just the same as mine? Wow.

silent observer said...

seems to be the common dillema nowadays hehe

Mohammad said...

WOW it looks like a general complaint! well, guess what? it's the same for guys but on a quieter tone. looks like families gain points on marriages or something, cuz they're having a tough competition over it.