Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Today I was doing this interview with this guy, so when it was over he was walking me to the car and I asked him where he lived. He pointed at the building we were passing by. "My apartment is on the 12th floor, it has a really nice view of the nile." and then he said "you can come by anytime to watch the view." "ummm sure" I said. I didn't really know what to say, I thought he was just saying it as a matter of speech... it's a nice place, followed by a come by... the way people usually talk. But then he asked me if I want to go up and see the view. So I went up with him to watch the nile. It was actually nice. But then, when we went downstairs again, he told me to come by anytime I want. Is that normal? Because I really don't know. It doesn't matter. The thing is, I don't think he's interested because I looked like shit today hehhe. I was out of it, underslept, second day of period.... so... I don't know.

If I hear another person asking me "Why are you looking so lost" or "shaklek lessa nayem" I swear I'll shoot them in the head.
Yeah I know I give the 'lost' impression.... but I don't have to hear it every single second of my day!
hehe
I was once walking in university and I saw my friend's ex/boyfriend/something in between, he looked so lost. I think he gives the same impression I give.
So I laughed and told him "hey you look so lost. But don't worry, people tell me I'm like that. It's actually nice to know I'm not alone."
This guy, always thought I didn't like him, but I actually do. Once I told my friend that I want them to stay together because I like him. When she told him he said that he thought I couldn't stnad him. Which is weird, because I never did anything that expresses any dislike, but obviously I'm not friendly enough or something. He said that when I pass by him I just give him a smile and walk by, my friend, because she knows me well, said that that's how I am. I wonder how many millions think that I don't like them... just because I'm a bit... well, not anti social... but anti small talk person. hmmmm I wonder...

3 comments:

Joe said...

first of all, no guy would ask you to come see a view, if he was being friendly, if he said it once, then yes it's friendly, if he repeated it, then he's interested. Take it from me, if you looked like shit, some guys will see you for what you might be, and not for what u look like. ;) he diggs you!! :D

as for the anti-small talk, well yeah i guess a lot of people with insecurities mistaken it for dislike!! but don't change for the sake of pleasing anyone but yourself :D

Mohammad said...

guess what? u're an egg!

according to Wiktionary, one of the senses of egg goes like this:(mildly pejorative, slang) A woman of Caucasian (Western) nature, who has a desire to learn and immerse herself in the Asian Culture.

how's your japanese going?

silent observer said...

it's ok
some days are boring and others are not