Thursday, July 3, 2008

At my cousin's engagment party today:
This woman said something that was so not funny so I mockingly imitated her and then commeted on what she said (I don't remember exactly whta I said), my sister glared at me.
"What?"
"The camera was right at your face"
"really? heheheh. Next time I'll keep my sarcasm to myself" (in a somewhat loud voice)
she glared again
"What?"
"can't you see? bey2ro el fat7a. Just shut up"
I watched the people as they were all reciting the fat7a with solemn expressions on their faces and I wanted to laugh out loud. There's just something so funny about people being so serious.
I should really take social conduct 101 or small talk 101 or etiquette 101 (yeah right).
On occasions like this I always feel like an outsider, I sat alone on a table munching on the almonds and cashonuts just watching everything and pretending I'm shooting a scene. It always happens to me lately. I'd be watching something and imagine I'm shooting a movie.
I'm not antisocial. I'm somehow still connected to the world. Just yesterday I was in Makan having fun, singing in the car and being... I don't know...that other me that only seems to pop out every once in a while. It's all in the company I guess. At least now I know who's company I enjoy and don't need to waste time trying to enjoy the company of people that will never entertain me, put me in a good mood or make me feel like I belong.
I left early, I had this headache so I went inside the house. The engagment thing was in a garden in a house in el Mansoreya. I went inside and rested a bit on the couch, the maid asked me if everything is alright. I told her that it's nothing, that I just have a headache and want to sit inside for a while. She got me tea :). Then I called the driver and left. They probably think that I still get tired and they'll excuse me and shit lol. I just wasn't in the mood that's all.

6 comments:

haijekov said...

hehe social formal things are always a nightmare! but this is hillarious :)

the last engagement i went to, i was super bored i chicken-danced in the center of the piste :D

Mohammad said...

I wanted to laught out loud when I was reading that fat7a part, but I suppressed the laugh eventhough I'm completely alone, and that made me think.

You're right about not being anisocial and stuff, it's just that you're different, you belong to some other atmosphere (like u described) and that's not being antisocial. Being social has nothing to do with not enjoying what other people think fun, that has other word for it: Conforming.
I liked you ever since I started reading your 1st post, because it has undestracted soul in it, something a conformist will never have.
You're becoming a hell of a writer btw, I wonder if you can manage to be that good when writing articles about subjects you're not so interested in.
Hold on to those people you feel like yourself with, it's a blessing similar to the crown and health thing, and that's why I am staring at it like a beggar would stare at a Hammer 3.

silent observer said...

heheh you know kov I started imagining all sorts of crazy things... like what if I went on the piste took off my dress and started dancing,what if my cousin and his fiancee started making out, what if someone got a heartattack and then I started wondering how my cousin's ex is feeling right now. Hehe should've thought of the chicken dance :)

and marooned, becoming a hell of a writer? SERIOUSLY? The things I write on my blog are not even writing they're just thoughts thrown around carelessly. And about the articles thing, I tried and I'm not good at it at all, that's why I was reconsidering majoring in journalism.

Mohammad said...

Your style has developed over the span of those months I followed your writing. I expected that it's only when you write "carelessly" without effort that you're at your best. In other words, you let your soul take control, and that's why the output is so magnificent.

I'm curious to know what major or majors you might be thiking of changing to.

silent observer said...

well, I thought of theatre but I figured I'd minor in it, maybe literature or philosophy, I don't really know what to major in instead.

Mohammad said...

Oh! Go for both! and please take me with you!!!